I was introduced to painting at an early age by my uncle and grandfather who were both painters. I was awarded a full scholarship to attend the Kansas City Art Institute where I completed the basic foundations. I then packed up my belongings into a barrel, put on a serape, and got on a Greyhound bus headed for San Francisco.
I arrived in 1963 and quickly noticed the music and poetry of a changing era. I became enchanted and painted up a storm. I never stopped learning and soaking up all the inspiration of my family and friends. I was awarded a full scholarship to the San Francisco Art Institute where I graduated with honors. I was so very fortunate to learn from the explosion of ideas and some of the best painters of our time.
Some of the highlights of my career include:
- Included in the Diego Rivera group show at SFAI
- Solo Exhibition in Maiden Lane
- Spent 3 years creating art in Mexico
- Spent 1 year travelling and drawing in North Africa and Spain
- Designed and painted sets for “Muru and the MAgic Thread” in San Geronimo School
- Completed 13 years of studio painting in San Francisco
- Included in numerous group shows at 1890 Bryant Studios in San Francisco
- Painting featured on “Check Please, Bay Area” broadcast on KQED TV
- Included in private collections on the West Coast
- Conducted painting and drawing classes for children and adults